A delightful restaurant built in 2005 with adjoining 5 Bedroom Two Storey Country House standing on 2 acres in a beautiful sylvan setting 9.6 km North of Waterford City and 38.6 km South of Kilkenny. The restaurant in welcoming homely surroundings has seating for forty guests.
The Mill House built in 1775 has a warm atmosphere and character with classical theme features including sash windows and shutters, ceiling coving, period fireplaces, pine doors and architraves.
The house is approached by a long driveway borderded by well attended lawns, and mature trees. A classical porch leads to the front door which has a period fan light. Off of the welcoming hall are two cosy reception rooms which overlook the front garden. Off of the room on the left is a bathroom.
The arched inner hallway leads into an attractive country kitchen which exudes old world charm which is prevalent through the house. Off of the kitchen is a utility room and pantry/laundry room. An elegant diningroom leads into the tastefully decorated conservatory restaurant which has nice views of the garden and double doors opening out onto the patio. Upstairs there are 5 spacious bedrooms and a bathroom.
The garden has beautifully maintained lawns, mature trees, shrub and rose beds, rockeries, patio and flowers. In the rear garden is a historic aquaduct built in 1883 which provides water to the Mill, it runs alongside a wooded area with a pathway.
Waterford City is the principal city in the South East for industry, transport, public authority services, medical, retail and third level education facilities. With a population of 50,000 and a catchment population of approximately 120,000 within a 12 mile radius the city has developed a dynamic economic base.
The city and region is also an important tourist destination, popular tourist attractions are The Waterford Crystal Visitors Centre, The Museum of Treasures, The Viking Triangle and Waterford's 100km coastline with spectacular scenery and blue flag beaches such as Tramore, Clonea, Dunmore strand, Council strand and Ardmore strand.