· Hotel extending to a gross internal area of approximately 2,400 sq. m./ 25,834 sq. ft.
· 27 well-appointed bedrooms and suites (25 En-Suite with Full Bathrooms)
· Restaurant with capacity for 80 covers
· Bars/ Lounge
· Three meeting rooms/ Conference area
· Fitted kitchen and ancillary facilities
· Secure off street car parking with separate access and extensive lawned Gardens
· Large Function Room capacity for 368 people
· Substantial Development Potential (Dual Street Frontage) site c. 1.8 Acres/ 0.72 HA
· High profile location in the heart of Blessington Town
· Hotel currently not trading
· Exceptional Lake Views
· Adjoining Separate Residence
Situated fronting the main street and the Lake Drive/ Kilbride Road in this picturesque location overlooking the Blessington lakes and opposite the new town centre in this thriving commuter town of Blessington. The town is situated approximately 18 miles to the south of Dublin on the N81.
Transport links in the area include the N81 and Dublin Bus commuter route with easy access to the M50, M7 and the Luas at Citywest. Adjacent occupiers include Ulster Bank, Super Valu, Dunnes Stores, Paddy Power and Boyles Sports. The town of Blessington has a population of approximately 5,000 people (as of the 2011 census).
The former Downshire House Hotel, an imposing listed building in the centre of Blessington which dates back to c. 1820 - a high profile hotel which, in its prime, was known the length and breadth of Ireland as a thriving and popular venue.
This hotel premises has been closed for some time but is in good condition throughout and can easily be brought back into operation. The property currently holds a seven day licence, with extensive accommodation extending to c. 2,400 square metres/ 25,834 square feet on a site area of c. 1.8 Acres/ 0.72 Hectares complete with walled garden many outstanding features, such as the carved timber staircase, panelled doors, architraving, ceiling cornices and period fireplaces.
Accommodation i ...