Ranelagh is an affluent residential suburb on the southside of Dublin City. The area lies to the south of the Grand Canal and borders the popular villages of Rathmines, Milltown and Ballsbridge. The subject property is located along the main Ranelagh Road to the north of the village, approximately 1.6km from St Stephens Green. The location is immediately adjacent to the Luas bridge.
Ranelagh provides for a host of shops, cafes, bars and restaurants with occupiers including Supervalu, AIB, Ulster Bank, Meaghers Pharmacy, The Exchequer and Lidl. The area also provides for a range of schools including Ranelagh Multi Denominational School, Sandford Park and Muckross Park.
The property comprises a detached mixed use building arranged to provide office accommodation on the ground and first floors, with creche accommodation on the lower ground floor. The building extends to approximately 3600 sq. ft in total, which can be broken down as follows:
- Lower Ground Floor: 2,400 sq. ft (Main Building 600 sq. ft/ extension 1,800 sq. ft)
- Ground Floor: 600 sq. ft
- First Floor: 600 sq. ft
The site is broadly rectangular in shape and extends to approximately 0.3 acres. The site benefits from 17.8m of road frontage along Ranelagh Road and adjoins the Luas Green line to the rear.
The property is situated in an area zoned Z2 -\To protect and/ or improve the amenities of residential/Â conservation areas\ under the Dublin City Development Plan 2016 - 2022.
Reddy Architecture Urbanism have reviewed the site and believe that this site has the potential to achieve a 17 Unit Residential Development, with 3 no. Units within the existing building and 14 no. Units in a new 5 storey block replacing the existing creche building.
- Substantial Commercial Building on a Residential Zoned Site
- Building arranged to provide office accommodation on the first and second floors
- Former creche on the lower ground floor
- Total floor area extending to approx. 334 sq. m/ 3,600 sq. ft
- Site area extending to approximately 0.3 acres, 0.12 hectares
- Zoned Z2 to protect and/or improve the amenities of residential conservation areas
- Feasibility study demonstrates the potential for a Residential Scheme of 17 apartments
- Vacant Possession
- Guide Price €2,250,000
BER DetailsBER: E1 BER No.800708943 Energy Performance Indicator:624.22 kWh/m²/yr