Development Site for a Superbly Designed 217 Unit Residential Scheme on
6.12ha (15.11 acres) at Termonfeckin Road, Drogheda, Co. Louth
Full Planning Permission 217 Residential Units (137 houses and 80 duplexes), creche, gym and communal area
The population of Drogheda is 40,956 (2016 Census) and it is the 3rd largest town in Ireland. It has a hinterland population of 70,000 within 15 kilometers (9.3 mi) radius covering Co. Louth and Co. Meath and has excellent potential for future growth. Drogheda is on the Belfast- Dublin Corridor 40 km north of the Dublin Port Tunnel (30 minutes’ drive) and Dublin Airport and 49km to Dublin City Centre. Dundalk is 26 km and Belfast is 120 km to the north.
Drogheda is well served by rail and bus transport services, educational facilities, retail facilities at West Street, Scotch Hall Shopping Centre and Laurence Shopping Centre as well as Retail Parks. There are 5 GAA Clubs, Boyne Rugby Club, Drogheda United Soccer Club and a wide range of sporting activities including golf at Seapoint & Baltray Golf Clubs. The local sandy Termonfeckin beach is only 10 minutes’ drive away. The property is also located close to the scenic areas of Baltray, Seapoint and Clogherhead.
The M1 Dublin-Belfast Motorway is located less than 10 minutes’ drive from the site, providing convenient access to Dublin, Belfast and surrounding towns.
The property of 6.12ha (15.11 acres) is very well located on the R166 / Termonfeckin Road only 2.5km northeast of Drogheda Town Centre, north of the River Boyne, in the townland of Newtownstalaban and beside existing established residential and commercial developments. The site is level with mature field boundaries of trees and hedgerows and is located beside the Newtown Blues GAA playing fields which
are screened by tall mature trees.
There is a neighbourhood centre at Aston Village while an Educate Together Primary School and the North East College are also located within walking distance. An attractive housing development “Beaulieu Village” is a new housing development currently under construction just west of the property.
The property is within walking / cycling distance of 2 secondary schools using the existing footpath network from the road entrance. Boyne Business Park on the other side caters for a wide mix of occupiers including warehousing and leisure and one unit is in use as a gym with 20m swimming pool.
• The design team has produced a planning grant that is a step up in the quality of new housing design in the Drogheda area and is designed to satisfy the local need for good quality family housing.
• The houses are arranged as mainly semi-detached and detached, minimising terraced housing and large apartment blocks as these were found to be less in demand in this suburban area of Drogheda.
• The proposed development has 217 dwellings giving a density of 37.4 units/Ha
• There is a variety of housing types and sizes with a 2 storey landmark entrance building containing a crèche, gym, café and meeting room.
• This proposed high-density development has resulted in a most efficient use of the land for housing, circulation and green space while offering an excellent variety of dwelling types and sizes to meet Lifetime Homes standards.
• The architectural design of the house types is very distinctive and are contemporary in style with low maintenance materials.
• The development is zoned into eight-character areas to include 4 home zones that create a more intimate scale and have distinctive characteristics, landscaping, and variety of materials in the housing design.
• The main public space offers a visually pleasing and active space with several smaller areas that give a quieter, relaxing atmosphere. There are also several small pocket parks that provide rest areas and seating. The central open space has been designed as a village green.
• The proposed duplex apartments are designed to be harmonious with the rest of the proposed dwellings in scale and façade treatments, so they are not necessarily perceived as a denser part of the development
• All dwellings are dual aspect giving a high quality of natural daylight and windows are designed to avoid views into the home from other houses with south and west facing gardens offering passive solar
• All homes entrances are visible and accessed directly from the street which creates on-street activity and the layout integrates car, cycle and pedestrian facilities promoting movement throughout the site.
• Duplex apartments located on the first-floor level will be accessed through a ground floor lobby.
• All houses are designed to facilitate a ground floor extension to the living area if desired and houses that have a roof space can be readily converted to provide additional living space.
• All houses are designed to meet Universal Design Lifetime Homes standards, with level access and a layout that allows the future provision of facilities that may be required
All services are available on site and are subject to connection agreements with the Local Authority – refer to planning portal for more information.
Freehold title with full vacant possession.
Full Planning Permission under the Strategic Housing Development Process has been granted by An Bord Pleanala (REF ABP – 305819-19) for 217 no. residential units (137 houses, 80 duplex apartments), crèche and associated site works.
Part V requirements have been agreed at 22 units.
Register your interest with Lisney and Robt. B. Daly for access to the data site where details of the planning grant, scale plans, reports and other relevant planning documentation is available.
FURTHER INFORMATION AND VIEWING
Viewing is by prior arranged appointment only.
Robt. B. Daly & Son
041 983 8607 - 087-2373410
+44 (0)28 9050 1501
(01) 638 2745
(01) 638 2791
• Situated on the R166 /Termonfeckin Road, only 5 minutes’ drive (2.5km) north east of Drogheda Town Centre
• Conveniently located to all amenities and is well served by public & private transport, Mainline rail to Dublin and Belfast and is close to the M1 Dublin-Belfast Motorway junctions
• Superbly designed “ready to go” opportunity with FPP for 217 dwellings granted under Strategic Housing Development
• The houses comprise 15 No. 4-bed, 100 No. 3-bed and 22 No. 2-bed units
• The duplex units comprise 40 No. 3-bed; 38 No. 2-bed and 2 No. 1-bed units
• Landmark 2-storey block with creche, residents’ gym, coffee bar and communal area
Viewing DetailsFURTHER INFORMATION AND VIEWING
Viewing is by prior arranged appointment only.