Mortgages from permanent tsb
Found your ideal home?
Whether you’re looking to purchase your first home or If you decided it's time to move on, now's the time to talk to permanent tsb. That's because we're doing our best to make applying for a mortgage as simple and straightforward as possible, giving you more time to find your dream home. In fact, we’ll let you know if you have mortgage ‘Approval in Principle’ in just 15 minutes. It’s one of the simple things we’re doing to make banking better.
What is Approval in Principle?
Approval in Principle is based on the initial information you provide when you meet us. While it's not legally binding, it will give you an indication of how much we could lend to you. How much we will lend will be based on a full credit and suitability assessment. Don't worry - you won't have to study!
It's a good place to start when you're thinking of buying and what's more, you could get Approval In Principle in just 15 minutes. Then you'll know just how much you can afford and whether a rooftop infinity pool and helipad are realistic or not...
What does a permanent tsb Mortgage offer you?
- The maximum Loan to Value (LTV) is 90%. Loan To Value is the amount that you are borrowing relative to the value of the property you are buying. For example, if you are buying a house worth €200,000, you could borrow a maximum of €180,000 (90% LTV).
- Every mortgage has a life span. Our minimum term is 5 years and you could also possibly qualify for the maximum term possible which is 35 years.
- The Minimum loan amount you can borrow is €40,000.
- We offer an annuity mortgage. This means that on a monthly basis, you'll pay back some of the actual amount you borrowed (capital) and also pay some of the interest that is charged on this capital. You can either have a fixed rate annuity mortgage or a variable rate annuity mortgage and you can find out more about our different interest rate options here.
What else do I need to know?
- Documents needed - The paperwork you'll need to help your application along the way!
- Nama 80/20 Deferred Payment Initiative - Your new home could be available under this scheme. Get all the info you need here.
- Important Regulatory Information for Mortgages - Get a heads up on what all the warning boxes mean!
Four things to know about approval in principle
- You could get Approval in Principle by dropping into your local branch or we can call you back and arrange an appointment for you.
- You don't need to provide anything for Approval in Principle, it's simply a chat about your finances.
- We'll ask you about how much you earn, what loans you have and what type of mortgage you're looking for (i.e. how much you want to borrow and for how long) - this all helps us to decide how much we could lend you.
- This amount could then be 'approved in principle' based on the information you've told us
When you're ready for the full application, you'll need to bring in proof of how much you earn and your loans - find out what documents we may need here. If these all match the information you've provided and the credit check we run comes back ok, your full approval shouldn't differ from the amount we've approved in principle. (Unless you've won the lotto in the meantime, even then we'll probably need proof of your winning ticket!)
Warning: If you do not keep up your repayments you may lose your home
Warning: If you do not meet the repayments on your loan, your account will go into arrears. This may affect your credit rating, which may limit your ability to access credit in the future.
permanent tsb p.l.c. is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland